Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: Ten Ways to be More Organized

I'm definitely going to have to check out everyone else's list on this one!

1. Declutter. Less stuff=less stuff to organize!
2. Do a little now so you don't have to do a lot later. In other words, pick up as you go along.
3. Related to the last one, I try to do a little bit of laundry at a time instead of waiting for it all to pile up on the weekend.
4. Sort mail into three bins (like inboxes, I got mine at Staples) as soon as it comes in. The way you sort should make sense to your own system. Mine is: needs attention; to be filed; and when I get to it (magazines and coupons and stuff)
5. Bins, bins, bins for toys and art supplies!
6. Meal planning - I'm trying hard with this one - have NOT mastered it yet. The days I work out of the house are double-the-recipe slow cooker days. Tuesdays I bake bread. Oatmeal (made in the rice cooker) every morning except on weekends. It's a start!
7. Project 333 is really helping me organize my clothes.
8. A good, flexible budget helps me feel financially organized. I've experimented with mint.com and pear budget and am thinking about trying YNAB.
9. A great big calendar. Historically, this has been placed in our bathroom (I figure I have a captive audience at least once or twice a day, ahem.)
10. Lists ~ this one is tricky for me. Too much stuff on the list and I feel disheartened. No list and I feel rudderless and end up staring off into space once my little is napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment