Monday, April 19, 2010

Cosleeping - 8 3/4 months

We cosleep with the little monkey. All in all, I love it. My husband and I get creative about our time together and nothing in the world compares to the little one's cherubic face in the morning. We've evolved over the last 8 months - first using a snuggle nest (he was so tiny I was afraid of rolling over on him!), then putting the mattress on the floor (long before he could roll, I wanted to be ready). Now he is almost crawling and I'm not ready to leave him unattended in the room off the bed AND it would be nice to get a little more sleep. I think we wake each other up a lot - I like to shift around a bit and he cries out in his sleep sometimes and I respond when I don't have to because he falls back to sleep without me. And he really doesn't need to breastfeed all night long any more. So, I put the cosleeper back in the bedroom, next to the bed, as a playard. We played in it (well, he was in it, I was outside it) today - playing peek-a-boo and I think he seemed to understand that it was HIS space, and I think that he might have even liked it a bit. He laughed and played and seemed content to coo in it for a while. And tonight he is sleeping in it - so far, so good. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment