Friday, December 31, 2010

Ten on Tuesday, on Friday

I stumbled upon this great little community of knitters and bloggers. Since I'm new to blogging and I really need some inspiration, I decided I would join in on the Ten on Tuesday, albeit Friday. However, the Ten are new year's intentions and seeing how it is new year's eve, I thought it would be ok. My inspiration comes from Carole Knits via PoMo Golightly.
So here is my ten:
1. Project 333: Pick out 33 items to make up my wardrobe for the next 3 months. I've been completely in love with quite a number of minimalist blogs lately (more on that in another post) and this is a way to get really involved in a more structured, committed way. Read more about Project 333 here. And many, many thanks to Courtney Carver for creating and sharing this fun project.
2. Get out of credit card debt once and for all this year. I have two credit cards, one on schedule to be paid completely off in March 2011 and the other in November 2011. It isn't going to be easy but I know that we can do it. We have a pretty decent emergency fund at this point so we shouldn't need to use the cards for anything. Many, many thanks to Jason at FrugalDad for all of his inspiration and thoughtful blogging.
3. Related to this, my intention is to save for things that I really want instead of just buying it.
4. Walk 1000 miles: I want to find ways to live the quote "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu (604BC-531BC). I know that this means more than actually walking 1000 miles, and while I want to apply the intention of this quote in many ways this year (such as starting to actually blog), I also want to embody it by actually walking 1000 miles between now and January 1, 2012. It's just under 3 miles a day, everyday.
5. Eat more simple, whole, locally sourced foods and plan my family's meals.
6. Meditate at least 20 minutes a day.
7. Blog. I want to join this global conversation!
8. Have more celebrations. My husband and I bought an at-a-glance year calendar and we've sketched out some dinner parties on a regular basis. I have amazing people in my life and it is hard to find the time to get together. This year, I'd like to be more intentional about it.
9. Continue to simplify. I'd like to continue to give a lot of my stuff away and not accumulate more of it.
10. Take my knitting to the next level. Last year I learned to knit. What a wonderful hobby! I love it. So far I've made many hats, scarves, a pair of mittens, a cowl, and a wrap. I'd like to tackle a sweater.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment